A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Feb 21, 2013

Spinach Pasta with Minced Chicken

 Today I decided to let him have a taste of pasta, instead of his usual daily porridge. I chose buckwheat as I read that it is one of the more nutritious choice of pasta. 

While waiting for the pasta to be cooked, I prepared the spinach and minced chicken by steaming them first before mixing them together with the pasta. If your baby can chew semi-solid food, then the pasta is soft enough and ready to be eaten. Otherwise, here comes my favorite part ... pureeing them!

The texture can be quite dry after they are pureed, and that's when the vegetable/chicken stock that I prepared earlier come in handy. Throw one cube inside to moist and add flavors to the pasta.

After Hubs bought me a handheld blender, making purees have become so fun and easy. I can say I've been even more hardworking because I no longer freeze my purees but wake up early every morning to make them fresh daily for my baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment