A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Mar 13, 2013

Reagan is going to be ONE !

2 more weeks to baby Reagan's 1st birthday Party ! He didn't get to celebrate his first month as he was still stuck in the ICU, so we promised to throw him a lovely 1st birthday bash to make up for it. Even if he may not really remember his party in future, still I felt it's pretty meaningful to treat it as a celebration of making it through the first year of parenthood! Yeah we survived ! And I know...more to come..

I'm trying not to let this post end up all about reminiscing about how this day finally arrived all the way from last year. As a mom, you tend to think back on the day you gave birth to your baby and all the crazy and emotional journey you tide through that one year. It seems like just yesterday that I'm still carrying my tiny little kitten in my arms and now...I'm planning his 1ST birthday party!

The initiate planning stage is a little daunting as there's probably no step-to-step guide on how to plan your 1 year old birthday and my ideas are just scattering everywhere. I'm also a great procrastinator and it takes lots of effort to push myself to start thinking, sourcing, planning and executing the preparation just two weeks before his big day.

Bits and pieces of ideas are floating around my mind, of course they're no way near Martha Steward's style. I wanted his birthday party to be fun, creative, memorable, easy, fuss-free and of course inexpensive, but I admit that sometimes I do get carried away in my moment of thrill.

First, I need a theme, one that must be of baby Reagan's interest, and I chose "Jungle Animals" because currently that is one of his favorite flashcards topic, and also one of the easiest theme to execute a kids' party.
This banner sticker is made by my cousin, cute isn't it? She helped me with some of the customized stuffs which I'll talk more about it nearer to date.

So now, let's count down to my baby boy's first ONE-derful birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment