A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Jun 3, 2013

Reagan's Play Area

This is Reagan's play area where I always put him in every morning while I prepare his meals. Recently he has learned to open the door of the playpen to escape haha! It is like suddenly I will see him crawling across the kitchen floor, giggling away while spying me at the same time.
 This is one of my best buys from the recent Motherhood expo exhibition.
 Recently I've been reading up room designs for children which are Montessori-inspired. In future when we move to our new place and Reagan gets his own room, I'll want to implement the Montessori concept as well , which emphasized on simplicity, neat-organization, training on independence, responsibility and stimulating environment. I shall probably touch more on that when the time comes. 
 
 All his toys are divided and grouped according to different days before being kept inside the storage box. Which means he gets to play the toys in one selected box a day, and the next day, he gets to play the toys from another box. So instead of dumping all his toys together to him at one go everyday, I rotate his toys around, so he wont get bored of them easily and I get to observe which are the toys that he really likes and which are the ones that he had already lost interest in. And also with only one box of toys per day, it is much easier for me to clean and sanitize them daily!
I'm so glad that baby Reagan finally understood that he has to help me to keep his toys away when I start singing the "clean up" song. All these while I've been singing him the song, encouraging and demonstrating to him how he should pick up the toys and put them back into the box. It was only 3 days ago that finally my one year old boy can do it all by himself!

I'm now trying to input him the understanding of giving and sharing and so far it has been rather positive. Reagan is able to understand when someone ask him for something and most of the time he is willing to give or share the item he is holding. And even if he doesn't want to give it to you, he responds by shaking his head and displays his shy and cheeky smile to you. Keep it up baby boy, you're picking up fast, mama is so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment