A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Jul 6, 2013

Shapes sorter and Matching wooden alphabets

While I was tearing the packaging of this shapes sorting toy, Reagan was already climbing all over me excitedly, trying to lay his hands on it. The shapes are supposed to be inserted in the right holes of the same shapes, which helps in training IQ and finger-control. However baby Reagan has not understood how the game is supposed to be played. He picks up any shape randomly and tries to insert them in any holes. Mummy has to explain repeatedly and helps him with it. But each time either me or him successfully dropped the shape into the box, he will look at me and starts giggling. He would want to play the toy each time I brought it out, but it can only hold his attention spa for probably less than 6 minutes before he starts crawling away looking for new excitements.
 Baby Reagan is still in love with the wooden alphabets I bought recently. He can spend quite a while fondling the letters and observing each of them like some priceless antiques. And what he enjoys most is picking up the letters and pass it to me one by one while I say out the name and phonics sound of each alphabet he chose . And if he tries to pass me the alphabets and I shake my head, telling him I do not want to play anymore, he starts CRYING! Once I take the letter from his hand and starts reciting, his smiles immediately return. It can be quite hilarious actually!
 After baby Reagan is able to recognize the names of some of the pictures especially from his flashcards, I try to bring it to the next level by teaching him to match the alphabets to the picture that begin with that letter. So far he is able to match A, B and C to the right picture cards. I'm also in the midst of getting him familiar with more alphabets letters, other than those he already knew. At 13 months now, he is able to recognize and pick out the right letters,  A,B,C,O,T, X (well he gets at least 90% of the time right, the last 10% is when he gets tired of the game and just pick up any random letter to shut you up haha).

Now with the wooden alphabets, I'm gradually trying to introduce 1 new letter a week, and at same time practicing the previous ones he already knew. Baby Reagan is enjoying his alphabets game and I'm having lots of fun with him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment