A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Aug 8, 2013

Letter of the week- d

Our "A Letter A Week" finally continues again....
This week we are doing the letter "D".

'D' says "d, d, dragons !" Baby Reagan is borned in the year of Dragon and I thought it would be interesting to introduce him these cute baby dragons sticks I made for him.
I use them to introduce counting 1-3, with the help of the plastic cups below.
 and I pasted bright red dots stickers to represent the quantity
Then I slit a hole on the top of the cups for baby Reagan to insert the baby dragons while we count them together.

A fun way to teach my baby boy to recognize the numerals and its quantity 
 So now I moved on to counting number 1-5 and this time I used little ducks! 
D says "d" "d" "ducks."
 Velcro is used to stick the ducks onto the laminated hard paper. I input him the concept of addition (+1) and subtraction (-1) as I sing the song "5 Little Ducks went out one day, over the hills and far away...." Then I stick or pull out the ducklings one by one after I display the correct number above.

My 14 mths old began to love this activity now because he enjoys it whenever I sing to him and he loves pulling out the ducklings even more!
Now it's time to think of my next letter-of-the-week "E" !

No comments:

Post a Comment