A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Oct 21, 2013

My Baby Can Read too!

Today is the day that my 16 months old baby is successfully able to "read" 10 sets of words which I've been practicing with him the for last 2 months. I show him the word on the card (without reading the words out), and he is able to look at the word and point or do the action of it.

The ten words
- clap
- eyes
- mouth
- fingers
- head
- tongue
- toes
- bellybutton
- raise your hands
- wave hello

I'm still trying to find a chance to record it on video, hopefully other parents can be more motivated and convinced that all babies are really genius and they do can read !!! I witnessed my boy's success with my very eyes, not only me, but my hubby and my mom were totally amazed too. Well, hubby was skeptical and thought I was exaggerating baby's boy ability, UNTIL I proved it to him right in his face. He was blown away and was totally impressed. He even commented how unbelievable it is to witness a baby recognizing written words.

 Many times I watched the beginning of the YourBabyCanRead DVD when Dr Tizer flash the words cards to his baby and she was able to "read" and do the actions for all the cards. I always wonder how true is that and if baby Reagan can do it too. And now I'm truly convinced that ALL babies can read and IT IS TRUE ! It is up to the parents how determined they are to put in effort to teach.

Probably in the next couple of days I try to catch it on video. It is not easy as most of the time I'm handling baby alone and need someone to help me with the recording while I demonstrate the cards with him. I'm truly excited and maybe next week I can come out with another 10 new words to practice with him !

No comments:

Post a Comment