A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Oct 10, 2013

The Animal Resort - Reagan's 1st close encounter with animals

I wonder why I read pretty good reviews from other mama's blogs on this place called "The Animal Resort' located at Seletar, where kids get to interact with the animals and have loads of fun there. Seriously, I wonder how true the reviews are, or probably I've higher expectation especially having to travel from one end of Singapore to this place. First, it doesn't look like a farm or barnyard or anything near it, and it's definitely far away from what it is being called,..a "RESORT". It looks more like a deserted rundown kampong that had once been attacked by a plaque. Secondly, the place is small, stinks badly and was infested with mozzies. Lastly, we went down on a Saturday and animals we got to see were rabbits in their cages, a couple of ducks , chickens, geese, pigeons, a muddy pond and a pathetic horse infested with flies. That day we didn't get to see the goats or cranes shown on their facebook page.

 I didn't get to take much photographs of my baby boy too because he was obviously not having fun and it was a terrifying experience for him. Almost throughout the entire trip, he was clinging on to me like a baby koala bear. I always thought all little kids love animals, but baby Reagan hates them. Or probably he is too young to appreciate cute fluffy animals. Anyway those we encountered at the resort were way far from being "cute or fluffy".
 I encouraged baby Reagan to feed the ducks and pigeons but he would rather throw the food on the ground and climb up to me desperately.
The horse that scares my boy....
Daddy fed the horse and stood near it to show baby Reagan that it is harmless and friendly...
 Baby Reagan was still extremely terrified and held onto me very tightly ... he shivered and cried in fear each time the horse made the snorting noise.
25 minutes spent there is long enough for us to get back into the car and baby Reagan was very glad we did so. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but i couldn't help laughing as i read through the post! Poor Reagan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I felt bad that he doesn't enjoy it, hope we have better luck at the zoo instead haha

    ReplyDelete