A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Nov 12, 2013

Transiting from cards-flashing to words reading

An update from the previous post here, when I discovered that at 16 mths, baby Reagan began to recognize the words that I've been flashing to him. I've added another 10 new words and at 17 mths old now, he can "read" a total of 20 sets of words. He can pick the correct card when I read him out the word, or do the actions for each word I write or show him. (click video HERE.).

I began with daily pictures cards flashing first when he was an infant, then gradually move on to pictures + words flashing, and slowly I start to show him the words one by one with actions or signings. After much repetitions, he is able to recognize the words he see and relate them to the actions. ALL babies can do it !!! I've witnessed more impressive results from other mamas and their babies.

 Baby Reagan enjoys this activity very much, and almost everyday he will bring me his writing board and wants me to go through the words with him.

Words he learnt to read last month
-clap
-head
-eyes
-mouth
-fingers
-tongue
-toes
-bellybutton
-raise your hands
-wave hello

New words he learnt to read this month
-nose
-ears
-hair
-kick
-sorry
-thank you
-milk
-baby
-close your eyes
-shake your head


No comments:

Post a Comment