A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Mar 17, 2014

The 2nd pregnancy of a preemie mom

I thought it'll be nice to update more about my 2nd pregnancy, especially for other preemies moms who too consider about having a 2nd child but at the same time have the same worry about having another preemie again.

Who can ever forget the emotional-wrecking time in the ICU days that our preemie once gone through, and of course all preemie moms wish it will not happen again for their next pregnancy of course.

Reagan my first boy, was delivered during week 29 via emergency c-section birth. My placenta was ruptured and gynae suspected that I had eclampsia which resulted in my early birth. Reagan stayed for 2 months in the ICU before he was discharged.

(Reagan in ICU)
Nearly 1 year later, I was blessed with another baby boy. My 2nd pregnancy came as a surprise as we were not planning to have a 2nd child that soon. But of course we graciously accepted this wonderful gift bestowed to us.
 
(My beautiful belly at 29 weeks- 2nd pregnancy. I am one of the lucky ones to have a nice, fair and smooth belly without any itchy skin or stretch marks...yet.) 
Reaching 29 weeks during my 2nd pregnancy was like the most "critical" period and that's because nobody can forget that Reagan made his "grand" arrival at 29 weeks. Needless to say, love ones like my mom and hubs behaved as though they were tip-toeing on thin ices around me and watching over me daily like a hawk.

It was known to us that moms who once had an early birth will have higher percentage of delivering early for their next pregnancy too. But since I returned to my previous gynae, he was aware of my condition and took extra precaution to try reduce the risk of early birth for this round. I visited the clinic more frequently for more scans and check-ups, and was put under some medication to "relax" my uterus. I was also put on bed rest from 27 weeks onwards and gynae advised me to watch out for early contraction and to rush back to the clinic or hospital if I feel something amiss.

This is my 30th week now, I've finally passed the "threatening" 29 weeks range but have 7 more weeks to hit the full-term mark. So far besides my crazy weight gain of 18kg now (more to expect later on..), terrible backache and pelvic ache (probably due to my heavy weight),and a couple of leg cramps attack in the night, everything seems fine and baby boy number 2 is always actively practicing kungfu inside me.

Will update more again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment