A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Jul 17, 2014

School Excursion - Butterfly Farm

School excursion to the Butterfly Farm and mummy gets to come along with him yeah!

On the excursion bus- My Reagan boy munching on the mini pancakes and snacks that I prepared for him. 
Everyone sat down for a short briefing before we entered the farm. The lady talked about the life-cycle of the butterfly, how they mate and how they search for food etc. I don't think Reagan really understood what she's trying to say. At least my boy paid attention to her during the first 10 minutes of her speech, then throughout the entire briefing his head was buried in my bag searching for more Honeystars to munch. 
It was still drizzling but that didn't dampen the high spirits of my excited boy
It was until I entered the Butterfly Farm then I remembered my fear for flying insects. Yes, any creepy crawlies that fly, even the pretty ones like butterflies. However because of the rain earlier, there were not as many butterflies around as I thought. I was expecting like a large swarm of them or something. 
The teachers trying their best to point out the butterfly eggs' and pupae to the kids.
 Showing Reagan the butterfly's cocoon
Looking around for more butterflies
I guess my boy has this indecisive relationship with the butterflies too, One minute he was laughing hysterically trying to catch them. The next minute he hid behind my ass when the butterflies got too near to him. Then it didn't take long for him to start chasing the butterflies around again. 
The teacher gave the kids an upclose view of the caterpillar
The brave kids took turn to pass the caterpillar around. I was holding my bag tightly and ready to fling at anyone who tries to put that hairy thing on me.
During the bus journey back to school, I was very exhausted and trying not to doze off. However Reagan was still very energetic! Throughout the bus ride, he was bouncing up and down on his seat, and at the same time busying ransacking my bag for more of his Honeystars again.

No comments:

Post a Comment