A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Feb 20, 2013

The Organic Grocer review

Since I have a baby who is going all organic, I tend to search for places or even websites that sells organic food, especially fruits, vegetables and even the meat. I chanced upon this The Organic Grocer's website and decided to give it a try.  Free home delivery is opted as my order hits $150 and above.

I received the confirmation of all my orders via email, which also states the delivery time to be from 3pm- 7.30pm. However the goods arrived at my place late at 8pm. Initially I thought whether I would be lucky to receive them earlier, maybe before late evening so I can use the new vegetable I ordered to prepare my baby's dinner tonight. Well,it would be nice if everything just goes my way of course.

I was in the kitchen preparing baby's snack when the delivery guy finally came at 8pm and collected the money from my maid after she signed on the invoice. There are certain things that did not make my first-time-ordering a pleasant one, which I will elaborate below.

Firstly, of course it would be polite if I was informed either by call, text or even email, that they're going to deliver my items late. Luckily we were at home to receive the goods after they reached my place half an hour later from the stated delivery time. If I happened to bring my maids out with me and no one is at home to receive the goods, then it will be all troublesome again to arrange another delivery timing or worse if they charged me with another delivery cost.

Secondly, the frozen chicken and fish I ordered were totally defrost and dripping wet by the time they reached my place. To prevent contamination and also for hygiene purpose, I felt that the frozen meat should be packed in an ice box during the traveling journey, or maybe be put together with some ice packs to maintain the cold temperature. It makes me wonder how long the meat have been out from the freezer, especially when they were delivered to me that late. And now I've doubts in using the meat for my baby's meals.

Lastly, right after the delivery guy left, my maid handed me the goods and I checked that they had left out the organic infant milk powder. Immediately I called the hp number stated on the invoice but there was no answer. So, I left an email and an sms to ask if they could check whether they have left out the milk. I regretted not reminding my maid to check the goods first before signing the invoice and passing them the money. Within like 5 minutes, I received an sms text stating that they have no more stocks for the organic milk and will refund me the overcharged amount via paypal. Once again, no initiative to inform me earlier about the out of stock item even after I received the CONFIRMATION of my orders. Furthermore I was only told that my infant milk powder was out of stock UNTIL I checked that it was missing from the goods on the actual day of delivery, and also UNTIL the delivery guy left and UNTIL I was the one that questioned them about the missing item first. So if I did not check and did not question them about the missing infant powder, would they still take the initiative to let me know after that? And if the delivery guy was aware, he should also make known to my maid about the extra cash that she handed him. I think the problem here is probably the lack of clear communication between their internal staffs.

To round it off, I received no apologies for the uninformed late delivery, late notice of the out of stock item and the overcharged invoice either. Neither did I send them any feedback as I don't think it is necessary anymore. I don't think I'm going to be their repeated customer, unless I really need to get something which I've trouble finding it elsewhere. However they still deserve some credits in terms of their reasonable pricing and also their wide range of organic items, from food to even toiletries, household products and even health supplements. I managed to find my organic chia seeds and sugarless organic marshmallows from them too.

Well, hopefully other customers have better ordering experience with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment