A Sweet Intro

This blog is dedicated to our darling boy, born prematurely at 29 weeks and miraculously survived all odds during his 57 days in the ICU. We named him Reagan, which means our "Little King", strong and brave enough to fight any battles. He is also our little king whom we worship with a lifetime of our love and kisses. Baby Reagan continues to amaze us with his awesome strength, big personality, joyful laughter and lovely smiles. This is where we share both our learning journeys and all the fun bonding time together.

Apr 21, 2014

Brunch @ Cafe Melba

It has became a "habit" or a kind of "routine" for us to bring Reagan out during every weekends. Even Reagan himself knew it. If he is cooped at home for too long that day, he would randomly bring out his shoes to wear , point to the door and yell "byebye" to us. That's his way of telling us that he is bored and wants to explore the outdoors.

However walking around with all that extra weight on me now is taking a toil on my body. My pelvic and spine is aching more frequently, and not forgetting the warning from the gynae that I may go into premature labour anytime now. Since we 're staying in the East and the hospital that I'm going to deliver at is also in the East, it seems more safer and convenient to only explore places in the East now. Furthermore, most of the time Hubs is always by my side and if I happened to be in labour early, he can easily drive me to the hospital fast. Visiting new eating places is the easiest family activity for a man to handle a heavy preggy and a curious toddler. I've been searching around for nearby kids-friendly cafes/restaurants for me to sit down and have a relaxing meal while watching Hubs entertain our boy at their kids corner or mini playground.

Cafe Melba is one of my favourite places to have brunch. They have a huge open field right in front of the cafe restaurant for the kids to run wild and a mini bouncy castle will be pitched up during the weekends as well. Unfortunately it was drizzling during that weekend so Reagan didn't get to play with the castle.

 I enjoyed most of the food in their menu, especially their breakfast set and their carbonara pasta.
 However there is nothing to shout about for their service. During my 2 times visits, I've to repeatedly asked for a baby chair and utensils sets many times. I even have to ask them for the menu. It seems even more difficult to get their attention when the crowds come in. Usually when we come in with a baby/toddler, most of the cafes/restaurants will automatically asked whether I need a baby chair or utensils, or sometimes they didn't even need to ask and prepared everything at the table, baby chair, baby utensils , menus etc.  During our last visit, they forgotten my boy's dessert order too even after reminding two different staffs about it. So for the service at Cafe Melba, ermm...enough said. 

Some photos of my darling boys below..

Many have mentioned that Reagan is resembling more like his daddy now.... cuter than his daddy of course..
I was complaining to daddy that I've once again forgotten to bring out his disposable bib and whined that Reagan was going to dirty his shirt again. Just then, Reagan did something which was totally not within what we expected. Immediately after what I've finished saying, he picked up the serviette on the table and tried to tucked it under his neck! We didn't actually expect Reagan to be aware of my conversation with his daddy, and he seems to understand what was bothering mummy and tried to solve the problem himself haha! Reagan is now very observant with our conversations with others, so we have to be more careful with what we say in front of him too.
Enjoying our family breakfast together...
Carrying his bag and ready to go...byebye!

No comments:

Post a Comment